The warning for a bushfire that had been deemed a threat to lives and homes in Bullsbrook has been downgraded to a watch and act alert level.
The fire is still out-of-control and uncontained but it is no longer on the move.
A watch and act is in place for people bounded by Chittering Road and Hoad Street to the north, Springvale Road and Avondale Road to east, Smith Road and Ashton Road to the south, and April Close, Bonita Road and Coventry Crossing to the west in the north eastern parts of Bullsbrook in the City of Swan.
The alert level has been downgraded due to more favourable conditions.
It is believed the blaze was caused by a car fire.
About 70 firefighters as well as aerial crews are battling the blaze.(ABC News)
- If you are not prepared or you plan to leave, leave now if the way is clear.
- If you are well prepared and plan to actively defend your home, make final preparations now.
- If you plan to stay and actively defend, do not rely on mains water pressure as it may be affected.
- You need to have access to an independent water supply, and start patrolling your property to put out spot fires.
- At all times close all doors and windows and turn off evaporative air conditioners, but keep water running through the system if possible.
- If you are not at home, do not try to return as conditions in the area could be very dangerous.
Visit emergency.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter: twitter.com/dfes_wa, Facebook: facebook.com/dfeswa, listen to ABC Local Radio, 6PR, or news bulletins.