More Search and Rescue (SAR) personnel and local authorities were deployed as residents evacuated with Alert Level 3 still raised over restive Taal Volcano, the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council said Saturday.
Likewise, the NDRRMC said Police Regional Office 4A reported that as of 12 noon of July 3, 2021, at total of 64 SAR personnel were deployed in Batangas.
Moreover, 41 security and Minimum Public Health Standards (MPHS) Enforcement Team personnel have been deployed to:
- Agoncillo – 12
- Laurel – 13
- 1st Batangas Police Mobile Force Company (BPMFC) – 8
- 2nd BPMFC – 8
A total of 24 personnel were also deployed in evacuation areas, and nine have been sent to the following evacuation centers:
- Laurel – 6
- Agoncillo – 2
- Balete – 1
As of Saturday, 396 families or a total of 1,736 individuals were already evacuated, with figures broken down into:
- Laurel – 282 families or 1,164 individuals
- Balete – 43 families or 155 individuals
- Agoncillo – 42 families or 190 individuals
- Nasugbu – 29 families or 109 individuals
- Calamba – 118 individuals (from Balai Isabel Quarantine Facility transferred to Calamba Regional Government Center)
Meanwhile, the Office of Civil Defense – Calabarzon reported a larger number of evacuees: 778 families or 3,141 individuals from the towns of Agoncillo, Laurel, San Nicolas, and Lemery.
Currently, there are 148 Reactionary Standby Support Force (RSSF); 84 deployable vehicles for law and order; 36 vehicles for the Search and Rescue and Retrieval Cluster; and one (1) SOCO van for the Dead and Missing Cluster.
“Deployed personnel are currently conducting MPHS to prevent possible transmission of [COVID]-19,” the NDRRMC said.
NDRRMC spokesperson Mark Timbal also reported the delivery of family food packs (FFPs):
- 5,000 FFPs at the Batangas Sports Complex Grand Stand
- 300 family tents and 2,000 FFPs delivered to the municipality of Laurel, Batangas
- 1,500 FFPs delivered to the Municipality of Agoncillo, Batangas
According to Timbal, the Department of Health also confirmed the delivery of augmentation supplies of surgical facemasks, N95 masks, medical supplies and equipment to the Provincial Health Office of Batangas for distribution to the various evacuation sites.
“The rollout of a vaccination activity for both responder [and] evacuees is being prepared by DOH in coordination with other agencies and the LGUs,” Timbal said.
All human Activities in the Taal Volcano lake are suspended, including fishing.
The NDRRMC said the Department of Agriculture DRRM team has announced the activation of animal or livestock rescue centers where agricultural folks can bring their livestock for safe keeping. —LBG, GMA News